Before you Apply
All applicants to postgraduate teacher training are required to have a degree and GCSE Grade C/Level 4 or equivalent in English and maths (and Science for Primary trainees too). We need to confirm that you have these qualifications and will want to see original certificates at interview. Confirmation of a place can be held up if applicants cannot find their certificates.
Any international candidates should visit the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A levels and an undergraduate degree.
How to Apply
For the most up to date advice, visit https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/how-to-apply-for-teacher-training
Applying couldn’t be simpler. When you are ready, simply register with and apply at www.apply-for-teacher-training.service.gov.uk
Hints & Tips on Applying for Teacher Training
- Be positive that teaching is what you really want to do. Although exceptionally rewarding, it can often be challenging and not something to enter into lightly
- If you haven’t already done so, gaining experience in a teaching environment will be invaluable, although don’t delay any application because you are waiting to access this, particularly in Covid times. Mention any experience in schools in your application as it shows your commitment and dedication to your chose career path.
- Ensure that all the details are correct on your form; check it twice and then ask someone else to check it.
- Think carefully about what you write in your personal statement. You only have one chance to make a first impressions – make it count!
- Check that the referees you provide for a reference are happy to do so before stating that we may contact them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or we can help you with an application in any way.