National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
This qualification is for teachers who have, or aspire to have responsibility for, leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
What will you learn?
- Teaching - you will learn how to support teachers at all levels in your school to develop their knowledge and classroom skills in leading teaching.
- School culture - you will strengthen your ability and that of your colleagues to contribute to a school culture in which pupils can thrive and succeed.
- How pupils learn - you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to develop, adapt, embed and practice good models of learning across the whole school community.
- Subject and curriculum - you will learn how to support and improve high quality teaching, learning and assessment in your subject or phase.
- Implementation - you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
How long will it take?
12 months followed by an 8-day open book summative case study task.
How is the course structured?
Write more here.
What are the benefits for you and your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. The programme has been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
When will it start?
How much will it cost?
£885 if you need to pay- BUT see scholarship funding below
Are scholarships available for this programme?
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant, for the NPQ in Leading Teaching is available to all teachers who meet the following criteria:
- Have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage, or phase
- Work in a state-funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on Pupil Premium as of the end of the previous academic year.