National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
For school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
What will you learn?
- School Culture - you will establish and sustain an effective school culture by setting the strategic direction, managing human and financial resources and fulfilling all statutory duties to enable a sustainable and thriving school community.
- Teaching - you will learn how to establish and support effective teaching across your school to develop and embed our teacher’s pedagogical knowledge and classroom skills to enable the best outcomes for all children and young people no matter what their starting point is.
- Curriculum and Assessment - you will learn how to support and sustain high quality planning, teaching, learning and assessment by ensuring the implementation of effective and coherent policies. Appropriate and well-designed professional development for the teachers in your school will align with these priorities.
- Behaviour and Support - you will be able to establish and sustain high standards of behaviour and learning across the whole school community, including liaising with and training key stakeholders to ensure a safe, inclusive learning environment for all.
- Implementation - you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and aligning it with wider school improvement priorities.
How long will it take?
18 months followed by an 8-day open book summative case study task.
How is the course structured?
Write more here.
What are the benefits for you and your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. The programme has been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
When will it start?
Nov 2021 and Feb 2022
How much will it cost?
£1885 if you need to pay- BUT see scholarship funding below
Are scholarships available for this programme?
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant, for the NPQ in Headship is available for those who meet the following criteria:
- Are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school
- Work in a state funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on Pupil Premium as of the end of the previous academic year.