Who are you?
For teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
What will you learn?
- Teaching - you will learn how to support teachers at all levels in your school to develop their knowledge and skills in pupil behaviour and wellbeing.
- School Culture - you will strengthen your ability and that of your colleagues to contribute to a school culture in which pupils can thrive and succeed.
- Enabling Conditions for Good Behaviour - you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to develop, embed and sustain good models of behaviour and learning across the whole school community.
- Complex Behavioural Needs - you will learn how to support pupils who need intensive support with their learning and behaviour, working alongside specialist colleagues to ensure all children are safe and supported.
- Implementation - you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
What are the benefits for your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. Our programmes have been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
Is this programme for me?
Yes, if you are responsible for any aspect of leading behaviour and wellbeing or aspire to pastoral leadership.
How long will it take?
12 months followed by an 8 day open book summative case study task.
Venue: Balcarras School, Cheltenham.
12 month programme comprising:
- Induction & Consolidation Conferences - (full day - face to face)
- Facilitated face to face Peer Learning - (4 x 4.5 hour sessions)
- Online Learning
- School based implementation project
Engagement - There must be a minimum of 90% engagement in the programme for participants to be eligible for final assessment
Assessment - Each NPQ is assessed using a case study approach completed within a specified eight day window at the end of the programme