Who are you?
For teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
What will you learn?
- Teaching - you will learn how to develop teachers at all levels in your school, building strong systems that underpin their professional development.
- Designing professional development - you will strengthen your ability to design effective CPD that makes a genuine difference to pupil outcomes.
- Delivering effective professional development - you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to develop models of professional development and dialogue that inspires teachers to become the experts that their pupils need.
- Implementation - you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
What are the benefits for your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. Our programmes have been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
Is this programme for me?
Yes, if you are responsible for developing teachers at any stage of their career.
How long will it take?
12 months followed by an 8 day open book summative case study task.
Venue: Balcarras School, Cheltenham.
12 month programme comprising:
- Induction & Consolidation Conferences - (full day - face to face)
- Facilitated face to face Peer Learning - (4 x 4.5 hour sessions)
- Online Learning
- School based implementation project
Engagement: There must be a minimum of 90% engagement in the programme for participants to be eligible for final assessment
Assessment: Each NPQ is assessed using a case study approach completed within a specified eight day window at the end of the programme