Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs are delighted to work in collaboration with UCL to deliver National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) within the Gloucestershire region and surrounding areas. These events will be held at either Balcarras School or Pate's Grammar School in Cheltenham.
Click on our 'Choosing the Right NPQ for you' diagram to help you choose the right NPQ for you and your setting.
Registrations for Autumn 2023 start are now closed.
Applications for the February 2024 programmes
will open in late October/ early November 2023.
How to register for an NPQ
Step 1: Register with the DfE
Click here to register. Please note, you will need the following information to be able to register:
- Teacher Reference Number (TRN) Name as recorded by the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Choice of NPQ (programme applying for)
- Lead Provider : UCL Institute to Education is the chosen NPQ provider of Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs for Gloucestershire
- Delivery Partner: your local Teaching School Hub (Balcarras or Odyssey, based on school location)
- The deadline for registration for Autumn 2023 programmes 21st September 2023.
Once registration is complete, the DfE will confirm registration to the applicant and forward applicant details to our chosen Lead Provider - UCL Institute of Education.
Step 2: Complete application with UCL Institute of Education
UCL Institute of Education will contact applicants with a link to their UCL application form. On receipt of the completed application, headteachers will be contacted via email to confirm that the applicant has been accepted onto an NPQ programme as well as funding confirmation (if relevant).
Step 3: Programme Confirmation
As NPQ Delivery Partners for Gloucestershire, Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs will contact all participants with the dates and programme outline of their chosen NPQ.