REGISTRATION NOW OPEN - click here.
Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs are delighted to work in collaboration with UCL to provide National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) within the Gloucestershire region and surrounding areas. These events will be held at either Balcarras School or Pate's Grammar School in Cheltenham.
Step 1: Register with the DfE
Click here for the registration service, or visit the DfE NPQ Registration Service at:
- The following information is required to register:
- Teacher Reference Number (TRN) Name as recorded by the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Choice of NPQ (programme applying for)
- Lead Provider : UCL Institute to Education is the chosen NPQ provider of Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs for Gloucestershire
- Delivery Partner: your local Teaching School Hub (Balcarras or Odyssey, based on school location)
- The deadline for registration with the DfE is 15th January 2023.
Once registration is complete, the DfE will confirm registration to applicants and forward applicant details to our chosen Lead Provider - UCL Institute of Education.
Step 2: Register with Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs
To ensure access to course information and support during your application, please click here to register your NPQ interest with Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs (NPQ Delivery Partners). This is to help us ensure that applicants do not miss key communications around the delivery of the courses they are applying for.
Step 3: Complete application with UCL Institute of Education
UCL Institute of Education will contact applicants with a link to their UCL application form. On receipt of the completed application, headteachers will be contacted via email to confirm that the applicant has been accepted onto an NPQ programme as well as funding confirmation (if relevant).
The deadline for this is the 30th September 2022.
Step 4: Programme Confirmation
NPQ delivery partners for Gloucestershire, Balcarras & Odyssey Teaching School Hubs will contact all participants about their chose NPQ dates and programme outline.