Applications for June 2024 are now open!
Are you currently an undergraduate working towards your first degree or a Masters student and thinking about a career in teaching?
Whether you are just starting to consider a career in teaching, or have already set your heart on leading in education, this paid internship will give you further insight into your chosen role.
With an Odyssey Teaching School Hub Paid Teaching Internship you will receive hands on experience of teaching in Gloucestershire. Led by Pate's Grammar School and supported by many schools in Gloucestershire, an Odyssey internship will give you a broad school experience to give you a real feel of life as a secondary teacher.
Commencing in June 2024 and lasting 3 weeks, you will have the opportunity to:
- Shadow experienced teachers and observe lessons
- jointly plan lessons and share your passion for your subject with students
- receive one-to-one career and subject guidance from other passionate subject leaders
- take advantage of opportunities to network with qualified subject specialists
- see a snapshot into different aspects of the teaching profession
Funded by the Department for Education and as part of the Get Into Teaching programme, Odyssey Teaching School Hub is one of only a few providers nationally selected to offer this opportunity to undergraduates and Masters' students.
To be eligible for this internship, you must be studying one of the following subjects:
- computing or
Interns will be paid £300 per week for the 3 week internship.
To apply now, click here for the application form
Or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found on the Get into Teaching website here.